The Admission requirement to study biological science are all here. On this page, you will not only find the UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements for biological science. You will also see the list of accredited Universities in Nigeria where you can study this course.
So, if you are searching for the proper WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Biological Science, admission requirements, career or jobs for those with a degree in Biological Science, just know that we have got you covered.
All we require from you is your ken attention so you can get all the required information that will enable you to seamlessly apply to study Biological Science in any of the Nigerian Universities listed below without mistakes.
O’Level Subjects and Admission Requirements
To qualify to study Biological Science in any Nigerian University, you are expected to have at least five (5) SSC credit passes in the required O’Level subjects in which we will list below. But first, note that the O’Level subject combination for Biological Science is applicable to NECO, GCE, and WAEC.
NECO, GCE & WAEC Biological Science:
4). English Language.
5). Any other Science subject.
i). ATBU accepts ‘O’ level pass in Physics.
ii). UNN – as in combined courses.
iii). FUTO, FKSU, ED-LOKOJA, CRUTECH, and OSUSTECH requires ‘O’ level credit pass in Physics as the fifth (5th) subject.
iv). FUTA requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in Chemistry, English Language, Physics, Mathematics, Biology or Agricultural Science which must not be in more than two (2) sittings.
v). OOU accepts ‘O’ level credit pass in any other subject from Geography and Physics.
vi). GOUU requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in Biology, Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry and Physics at not more than 2 sittings.
vii). NDU requires the 5 ‘O’ level credit passes at not more than 2 sittings.
viii). FUAM accepts ‘O’ level pass in English Language.
ix). NDA requires 1 other Science subject from Further Mathematics, Agricultural Science or Physics as the fifth subject.
x). FUNAAB and ABU require 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in the following subjects: Biology, English Language, Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
xi). UNIABUJA accepts Further Mathematics in lieu of Mathematics.
xii). BSU requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Geography, English Language or Physics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Biological Science
Below are the three (3) compulsory JAMB subjects that are required to study Biological Science in any higher institution in Nigeria.
Direct Entry Admission Requirement for Biological Sciences
If you want to apply to study Biological Sciences through direct entry, then you must ensure you satisfy the Biological Sciences admission requirements for Direct Entry (DE) candidates below:
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Zoology.
- ND/NCE in related fields.
1). AUE requires HND and ND upper credit.
2). FUNAAB accepts:
i). NCE credit in Biology.
ii). ND upper credit in Science Laboratory Technology, Biological Science or related programs.
iii). Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology/Botany, Mathematics and Physics.
3). FUTO requires 2 ‘A’ level passes which shouldn’t be below Grade C from Biology, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany. They also accept HND/ND upper credit in related programs. Applicants must also meet the UTME requirements in addition. They don’t accept NCE and First Degree.
4). BAUCHI requires:
i). Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and any 1 from Zoology, Botany or Biology.
ii). NCE/HND/ND upper credit in related programs/subjects.
5). BSU and AUE require ‘A’ level pass in Biology/Zoology/Botany in addition to Physics/Chemistry.
6). MAUTY accepts:
i). Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology.
ii). HND lower credit in a relevant program.
7). NDU accepts HND/ND and AIMLT plus the general ‘A’ level requirements.
8). UMYUK accepts candidates to possess at least nine (9) points in IJMB/ NCE/ ‘A’ level, in Chemistry, Biology. ND lower credit in the relevant program may likely be considered for admission.
9). AUGUSTINE accepts 2 ‘A’ level passes in Zoology, Botany, Biology, and Physics or Chemistry. ND and NCE credit plus 5 ‘O’ level credit pass or equivalent.
10). OOU accepts HND, Final Certificate from the Nigerian Institute of Science Technology (NIST).
11). UNN requires HND and ND upper credit, Degree/NCE merit in relevant programs in addition to the UTME requirements.
Accredited Universities in Nigeria to Study Biological Sciences
- AUE (ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE)
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE)
- AUGUSTINE UNIVERSITY, ILARA, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE
- AKSU (AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE)
- BSU (BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE)
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE)
- CRUTECH (CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE)
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- FUNAAB (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE)
- FUTO (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- GOUU (GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE)
- GSU (GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE)
- KASU (KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE)
- KSUSTA (KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE)
- MAUTY (MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE)
- NDA (NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE)
- NDU (NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE)
- OSUSTECH (ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE)
- RSUST (RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, R/STATE)
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT
- YSU (YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE)
Sectors and Places you can Work with a Degree in Biology
- Science writer
- Forensic scientist
- Research scientist
- Nature conservation officer
- Government agency roles