Have you been searching for the admission requirement to study Botany? On this page, you will find the complete UTME and Direct Entry (DE) admission requirements for Botany.
The informations you will find on this page includes the list of all the Universities in Nigeria where you can study Botany, the admission requirements, the proper JAMB and WAEC subject combination for Botany, Special consideration (Waiver) and a whole lots of information that will allow you to seamlessly apply for admission to study the course without mistakes.
O’Level Subject Requirements for Botany, Biotechnology, Plant Science, Ecology
To be eligible to study this course, you are required to have not less than five (5) SSCE credit passes in the required O’Level subjects which are applicable to NECO, GCE, WAEC, and their equivalent. Below are the five (5) required O’Level subject combination for Botany:
4). English Language,
5). And one other subject
A). OAU accepts Agricultural Science.
B). PAUL requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes which will not be more than 2 sittings in Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
C). ABSU requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
D). IGBINEDION accepts ‘O’ level credit pass in a Science Subject and this is in place of Physics.
E). MCPHERSON requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects in additio to ND upper credit, HND upper credit and NCE merit.
F). OOU requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, Biology, English Language, Physics and Chemistry.
G). UNIBEN and ABSU accept ‘O’ level pass in Physics
H). FED-OYEEKITI accept 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in the following subjects Mathematics, English Language and any three (3) of Chemistry, Biology, Geography, and Technical Drawing, Agricultural Science.
I). UNIKINGS – The same as in Microbiology.
J). UYO requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Physics and Mathematics.
K). DELSU doesn’t require an ‘O’ level credit pass in Physics. They also accept ‘O’ level pass in English Language only if the candidates have a distinction in ‘O’ level Biology.
L). GSU, unlike some Universities, accepts D7 in Physics.
M). JABU accepts 5 ‘O’ level credit passes only from relevant subjects in addition to NCE and ND. They also accept Agricultural Science in place of Biology.
N). IBADAN requires either 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at 1 or 2 sittings to include the following subjects; Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Biology, and any 1 or 2 of Physics, Agricultural Science, Geography.
O). UNILAG, GOUU, and MAKURDI – Same as in Biochemistry.
P). CALABAR for Genetic and Biotechnology, you are required to possess 5 ‘O’ level credit passes to which must include Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
Q). MAIDUGURI and UDU accept ‘O’ level passes in English Language and Mathematics.
R). KBSUST accepts Economics, Agricultural Science and Geography in place of Biology as the ‘O’ Level subjects.
S). UNN requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language, Physics and or its equivalent.
JAMB Subject Combination for Botany, Biotechnology, Plant Science, Ecology
There are only three (3) Subjects that are required to study in your JAMB UTME examination and you are required to score at least 180 if you want to study Botany, Biotechnology, Plant Science, Ecology in any Nigerian University. Below is the three (3) compulsory JAMB subject combination for this course.
3). And any other Science subject.
1). KWASU – The same as in Mathematics.
2). IGBINEDION requires Chemistry, Biology and 1 of Mathematics and Physics.
3). MAKRUDI – The same as in Biochemistry.
4). OAU requires Agricultural Science or Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Mathematics.
5). MOUNTAIN TOP requires Chemistry as well as two (2) of Mathematics, Physics, and Biology.
6). OSUSTECH – The same as in Fisheries.
7). CALABAR for Genetic and Biotechnology requires Chemistry, Biology and either Physics or Mathematics.
8). NTNU accepts any three (3) Science subjects.
9). UNIBEN, UNILAG, and SALEM require Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
10). IBADAN, FED-OYEEKITI, MAUTY, FED-LAFIA, UNN, EBSU, DELSU, ILORIN, and RSUST require Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.
11). FUTO requires Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
12). BAUCHI requires Geography or Physics as the third (3rd) subject.
13). UNICAL requires Physics or Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Botany, Biotechnology, Plant Science, Ecology.
Don’t you want to use UTME for admission to study Bony, Biotechnology, Plant Science, Ecology? Then ensure that you meet with the Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Botany, Biotechnology, Plant Science, Ecology.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Biology/Botany/Zoology and Chemistry or Physics.
1). LASU accepts very good passes in 3 JUPEB/’A’-level subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics.
2). IGBINEDION accepts credit in Botany in addition to 1 of the following; Chemistry, Biology or Zoology. They also accept HND lower credit/ND in Biology, Botany or Food Technology.
3). OSUSTECH offers the same as in Fisheries.
4). UNN requires:
i). Either ‘A’ level passes or equivalent in Biology or Botany, Chemistry or Zoology plus the UTME requirement.
ii). NCE merit in Chemistry and Biology which must be from a recognized institution, in addition to the university minimum entry requirements.
5). NTNU accepts any 2 ‘A’ level passes from Science subjects. They also accept HND lower credit/ND or NCE merit in relevant programs/subjects.
6). UNICAL, IBADAN, GSU, OAU requires Chemistry.
7). BAUCHI accepts ‘A’ level Credit/IJMB passes in Chemistry, Biology or its equivalent. HND/ND lower credit in the following: Wild Life and Forestry, Science Laboratory Technology, The candidate, Environmental Management Technology. In addition to the aforementioned, you must also satisfy the ‘O’ level credit passes in Physics, English Language, Biology, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
8). ILORIN accepts NCE passes in Chemistry and Biology in addition to the UTME requirements.
9). UMUDIKE accepts ‘A’ level passes in Biology/Botany and Chemistry.
10). RSUST accepts HND/ND.
11). MAIDUGURI, UDU, and RSUST accept HND/ND in relevant programs.
12). MOUNTAIN TOP accepts 2 ‘A’ level passes which must include Chemistry and any of Mathematics or Biology.
13). UNIPORT and AL-HIKMAH they both don’t accept Direct Entry.
14). BOWEN and UNIKINGS is the same as in Microbiology.
15). FUTO accepts ‘A’ level pass in Mathematics.. It also accepts ND/HND upper credit in relevant programs.
16). PAUL and SALEM accept ‘A’ level passes in Zoology/Biology, Chemistry, Botany or any other equivalent examination.
17). CRECSENT accepts 2 ‘A’ level passes in Biology and either Chemistry or Physics and IJMB at acceptable grade levels.
18). KBSUST offers the same as in Agricultural Science.
19). MAUTY for Biotechnology accepts 2 ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology.
20). MCPHERSON requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes which must be from a relevant subject in addition to HND lower ND upper credit, credit in relevant programs.
21). OAU requires 2 ’A’ level passes in Biology or Botany, Chemistry.
22). UNICAL requires NCE merit/ ‘A’ level passes or above in Chemistry and Biology in addition to ‘O’ level credit pass in Physics.
23). GOUU for Biotechnology accepts 2 ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry as well as anyone of Biology or Mathematics, Physics, ND/NCE with good grade relevant the ‘O’ level subjects.
24). EBSU requires NCE merit, ND upper credit, and HND in the relevant programs.
25). UNIBEN in plus the UTME requirements requires HND lower credit/ ND upper credit in Science Laboratory Technology or Food Technology, NCE credit in Chemistry/Biology.
26). MAUTY accepts HND lower credit only from a relevant program. They don’t require ND.
27). UYO accepts HND lower credit/ND upper credit in relevant programs in addition to the UTME requirements..
28). DELSU requires NCE merit in Biology and any other 2 subjects.
29). FED-OYEEKITI require 2 ‘A’ level passes in any of Botany, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Physics or Mathematics.
30). JOS and AAUA require ND upper credit in Forestry, while HND passes in Forestry and other relevant courses/programs.
31). KWASU happens to be the same as in Mathematics.
32). MAKRUDI – Same as in Biochemistry.
33). IBADAN requires 2 ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry or Biology/Botany, Botany.
34). LASU accepts 2 ‘A’ level passes from Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Mathematics.
Nigerian Universities to Study Botany
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE
- ABSU (ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE)
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE)
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE)
- ADSU (ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE)
- AKSU (AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE)
- BASU (BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE)
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE)
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- DOMINICAN-UNI (DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE)
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE)
- FED-DUTSE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE)
- FED-LAFIA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – FED-LOKOJA
- FUNAAB (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE)
- GSU (GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE)
- HALLMARK UNIVERSITY, IJEBU-ITELE, OGUN STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE)
- KSU (KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE)
- KSUSTA (KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE)
- UNILAG (UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE)
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE)
- LEGACY UNIVERSITY, OKIJA, ANAMBRA STATE
- The UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
- MKAR (UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO, BENUE STATE)
- OSUSTECH (ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE)
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, OKUN-OWA, OGUN STATE
- TSUJ (TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE)
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE)
- UNIHEZ (HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE)
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT
BOTANY AND ECOLOGICAL STUDIES
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities in Botany
Below are some of the Career Prospects and Job Opportunities in Botany that we have made available:
- Cell Biologist
- Soil Scientist
- Land Manager
- Range Manager
- Plant Geneticist
- Market Gardener
- Museum Curator
- Nursery Operator
- Wildlife Manager
- Research Assistant
- Soil Conservationist
- University Professor
- Natural Resources Planner
- Natural Resources Manager
- Agricultural Chemist
- Conservation Officer
- Environmental Lawyer
- Environmental Analyst
- Agricultural Consultant
- Botanical Field Technician
- Environmental Technician
- Environmental Policy Officer
- Environmental Education Officer
- Environmental Education Assistant
- Environmental Impact Assessment Specialist
- Forest Manager
- Forest Technician
- Laboratory Manager
- Forestry Consultant
- Greenhouse Operator
- Global Warming Advocate
- International Aid Worker