Hi, everyone, We are here with another interesting one for all the students who want to study Chemistry Sciences in any Nigerian University. We have all the admission requirements for Chemistry Sciences which happens to be under the faculty of sciences.
In this page, you will find the WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Chemical Sciences, UTME and Direct Entry Admission Requirement, list of Universities in Nigeria where you can study this course, special consideration (Waiver), and more.
O’Level Admission Requirements for Chemical Sciences
One of the things required to study Chemical Sciences is the proper O’Level subjects. As an aspiring candidate who wants to study Chemical Sciences, you are required to have not less than five (5) SSC credit passes in the following O’Level subjects:
3). English Language.
NOTE: The O’Level subjects apply to both NECO, WAEC, GCE, and equivalent.
- GODFREY accepts five (5) SSCE credit passes which will not be in more than two sittings in the following subjects which include Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- GODFREY requires not less than five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in the following subjects; English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and any other Science subject.
JAMB Subject Combination for Chemistry Sciences
There are three (3) subjects that you are to expect in your JAMB UTME examination and you will be required to score up to 180 which is the JAMB cut-off mark for Chemistry Sciences. Below are the three (3) compulsory JAMB subjects for Chemistry Sciences:
2). And any two (2) of Biology, Physics, and Mathematics.
- OOU requires Chemistry and any 2 of Mathematics, Physics, Agricultural Science, Geography and Biology.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Chemistry Sciences
If you are a student who doesn’t intend to use UTME to gain admission to study Chemistry sciences in any Nigerian University, then you must ensure that you meet the Chemistry Sciences direct entry admission requirements listed below:
1). NCE/ND with good grades in relevant ‘O’ level subjects.
2). Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry as well as anyone of Biology, Physics or Mathematics.
1). CRUTECH requires:
i). For Biochemistry HND (Lower credit) in Food Technology, ND (Upper credit) in Science Laboratory Technology, IJMB (B grade) in Biology and Chemistry, NCE (merit) in Biology and Chemistry.
ii). For Chemistry ND (Upper credit level) in Science Laboratory Technology, IJMB (B grade) in Chemistry as well as any other Science subject, HND (Lower credit level) in Food Technology, NCE (merit) in Chemistry as well as one other Science subject.
2). OOU Do not accept Biology.
3). GODFREY requires 2 ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry as well as one (1) other from Biology, Physics or Mathematics. ND/NCE with a good grade which must be in relevant ‘O’ level subjects.
Universities in Nigeria Offering Chemical Sciences
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE)
- GOUU (GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE)
- CRUTECH (CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE)
- OSUSTECH (ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE)
OOU Offers Chemical Sciences with options in:
1). Industrial Chemistry
2). Pure Chemistry
CRUTECH Offers it with options in:
GODFREY Offers the course with options in:
2). Industrial Chemistry.
OSUSTECH Offers it with options in:
3). Industrial Chemistry.
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities in Chemical Sciences
Some of the places and sectors where you can work with a degree in Chemical Sciences include the following:
- Forensic scientist
- Analytical chemist
- Chemical engineer
- Clinical scientist, biochemistry
- Scientific laboratory technician
- Research scientist (physical sciences)