The Admission Requirements for History and Diplomatic Studies include the proper WAEC and JAMB subject Combination for the course which is listed below. Also, on this page, you will find all the pieces of information that will enable you to register and successfully apply for admission to study History and Diplomatic studies.
On this page we provided you with the proper O’Level and JAMB subject combination for History and Diplomatic Studies. We also provide you with the list of all the Universities in Nigeria where you can study the course, as well as their various special requirements. We completely covered all the admission requirements for History and Diplomatic Studies for both UTME and Direct Entry Candidates. In addition to all the information provided, you will also find the places where you can work with a degree in History and Diplomatic studies.
Admission Requirements for History and Diplomatic Studies
Without any further delays, we would love to share with you all the requirements needed to apply and gain admission to study History and Diplomatic Studies in Nigeria.
O’Level UTME Subjects and Requirements
Your O’Level result plays a very vital role in deciding whether you are qualified to study History and Diplomatic Studies. If you want to be qualified to study the course, you are required to have not less than five (5) SSC credit passes which must include the following subjects:
2). English Language.
5). And any other art or social science subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION & REMARKS
1). UNIPORT requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes which must include Government and English Language.
2). FED-WUKARI accept ‘O’ level credit pass in Geography is not compulsory but accept any three (3) other Social Science or Arts subjects.
OTHER RELEVANT ARTICLES:
*. How To Upload Your O’Level Result On JAMB Portal.
*. How to Create JAMB Profile for 2020 Registration.
*. How to Know Your JAMB Exam Centre & Date.
*. How To Print Your JAMB Result.
*. Current JAMB Full Syllabus.
JAMB Subject Combination for History and Diplomatic Studies
Please note that English Language is one of the compulsory subjects you will meet in your UTME for this course. Apart from English Language, there are other three (3) that you will meet in your UTME examination which consists of the following subjects:
2). And any other two (2) subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements
For those candidates who will be applying for admission to study History and Diplomatic Studies but not with UTME, below are the Direct Entry admission for History and Diplomatic Studies.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes/NCE (upper credit) in History/ Government and any other related subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION & REMARKS
MCPHERSON accepts the following:
i). NCE merit in History/Social Studies/ Government.
ii). ND upper credit in History, Mass Communication/Journalism, Public Administration, English & Communication, Social Works, and Linguistics Studies.
iii). IJMB/JUPEB ‘A’ level or its equivalent in related subjects.
Related Content: POLITICAL SCIENCE / INTERNATIONAL LAW AND DIPLOMACY.
Universities in Nigeria Offering History And Diplomatic Studies
Below is the list of Universities in Nigeria where you can study History and Diplomatic Studies which happens to be under the faculty of Arts & Humanities for all the institutions listed below.
- ANCHOR-UNI (ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE).
- CALEB (CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE).
- CLIFFORD UNIVERSITY, OWERRINTTA, ABIA STATE.
- CHRISTOPHER UNIVERSITY, MOWE, OGUN STATE.
- COAL CITY UNIVERSITY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE.
- CROWN HILL UNIVERSITY, EIYENKORIN, KWARA STATE.
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN, ONDO STATE.
- FED-KASHERE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE).
- FED-WUKARI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE).
- IAUED (IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- KOLADAISI UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE.
- McPHERSON UNIVERSITY, SERIKI SOTAYO, OGUN STATE.
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE).
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE.
- SUMMIT UNIVERSITY, OFFA, KWARA STATE.
- SPIRITAN UNIVERSITY, NNEOCHI, ABIA STATE.
What Can I With A Degree in History and Diplomatic Studies?
- Heritage manager.
- Academic librarian.
- Information officer.
- Academic researcher.
- Museum/gallery curator.
- Secondary school teacher.
- Museum education officer.
- Historic buildings inspector/conservation officer.
Museum/gallery exhibitions officer.