JAMB Subject Combination for Industrial Chemistry, O’Level requirements and more will be treated on this page. We also added all the admission requirements for Industrial Chemistry and more.
Our page also covered the list of Universities in Nigeria offering Industrial Chemistry and their special considerations and remarks. So, if you are searching for the subject combinations needed to study Industrial Chemistry or the UTME or Direct Entry (DE) admission requirements, we have got you covered.
Admission Requirements for Direct Entry and UTME Candidates
Obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Chemistry in Nigeria can be a bit competitive. Therefore knowing the prerequisites of the course will help you seamlessly register and applying for admission to study the course. Below are all the Industrial Chemistry admission requirements.
O’Level Subjects and Requirements for Industrial Chemistry
When of the most vital elements that decide whether you are qualified to study Industrial Chemistry or not includes your O’Level result. Candidates who want to study this course should ensure they at least five (5) SSC credit passes in the required O’Level subjects. Below is the five (5) O’Level subject combination for Industrial Chemistry:
4). English Language.
5). And Biology/Agricultural Science.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND REMARKS
i). MAUTECH accepts a pass in Biology.
ii). MADONNA also accepts a pass in English Language.
iii). KASU does not accept Agricultural Science.
iv). UNIPORT, UI, and BOWEN – does not accept Agric Science. Meanwhile, UNIPORT does not accept also Biology and requires Mathematics.
v). BSU accepts passes in five (5) prescribed subjects in Preliminary Science of BSU plus a minimum UTME score. They don’t accept Agricultural Science in place of Biology.
vi). RENAISSANCE requires five (5) SSCE credit passes which must not be at more than two (2) sittings which must include Biology, Chemistry, English Language, Physics and Mathematics.
vii). AJAYI can also accept Geography in place of Physics and IMSU accepts a pass in English Language under exceptional circumstances.
viii). UMYUK also accepts Geography in lieu of Biology.
ix). CUAB and FED-OYEEKITI do not accepts Agricultural Science.
x). BELLS requires five (5) SSCE credit passes to include Mathematics, Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Geography/Agricultural Science/Further Mathematics.
xi). REDEEMERS requires at least five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, and Agricultural Science/Biology.
xii). EBSU requires five (5) SSCE credit passes in Chemistry, English Language, Mathematics, Biology, and Physics.
xiii). FUTA requires five credit passes which must not be in more than two (2) sittings. Ensure that the five (5) subjects should include Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
xiv). OAU accepts any other subject in the replacement of Biology. Meanwhile, UNIBADAN requires 6 or 5 ‘O’ level credit passes at two or one sittings and it must include Mathematics, Biology, English Language, Chemistry, and Physics.
- APPLIED BIOCHEMISTRY – (Subjects and Admission Requirements).
- APPLIED CHEMISTRY – (Subjects and Admission Requirements).
- BIOCHEMISTRY – (Subjects and Admission Requirements).
- CHEMISTRY – (Subjects and Admission Requirements).
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY – (Subjects and Admission Requirements).
Credit To African Virtual University.
JAMB Subject Combination for Industrial Chemistry
UTME candidates should note that English Language is Compulsory for Industrial Chemistry. Apart from English Language, below are the other three (3) JAMB subject combination for Industrial Chemistry which is under the faculty of Sciences:
3). And any of Physics/Biology/ Agricultural Science.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND REMARKS
i). AJAYI and UI require Physics, chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics.
ii). BSU requires Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
iii). EBSU and UNIOSUN require Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
iv). FED-OYEEKITI require Chemistry or any two of Mathematics, Physics, and Biology.
v). OSUSTECH requires Chemistry and any two of Mathematics, Physics, and Biology/Agricultural Science.
vi). UNIBEN requires Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics.
vii). UNIPORT and BOWEN do not accept Agric Science.
viii). UNILORIN, UNIPORT, OAU, EKSU, DELSU, EBSU, FUTO, BELLS, FUTA requires Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
ix). WESTERN-DEL requires Chemistry and any two of Mathematics, Physics, and Biology.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements
Are you searching for the Direct Entry admission requirements for Industrial Chemistry? Don’t worry because we have got covered. If you are not applying for admission through UTME, below are some of the requirements that you must meet:
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Mathematics.
- ND in Science Technology or ND in any relevant programs in addition to the UTME requirements.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND REMARKS:
i). AJAYI requires A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology or NCE in Chemistry and Physics in addition to UTME requirements.
ii). AAUA accepts ND Upper Credit in Chemistry or other related Discipline.
iii). BELLS accepts:
a). Two A ‘ level passes chosen from Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Mathematics.
b). ND/HND in related field in addition to UTME requirements.
iv). BOWEN same as in Biochemistry.
v). BOWEN and DELSU accept ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) from Physics or Mathematics.
vi). CALEB also accepts ND at Credit level in Science Laboratory Technology or other Sciences related studies may likely be considered for admission provided they have the UME subjects at one sitting.
vii). CRAWFORD accepts:
a). ND certificate holders with a minimum of upper credit pass for admission into year II (200 Level) provided their program to cover certain basic courses offered in the school up to the second year.
b). HND Holders with a minimum of lower credit pass are also eligible for admission into year II. It all depends on the appropriateness of their required academic preparation.
c). Candidates with two A ‘level subjects passes which should include Chemistry and one (1) of Physics or Mathematics are also eligible for admission into year II (200 Level) for a programme in any of the Chemistry courses. In addition to fulfilling the requirements stated above, ND, HND or A’ level certificate holders must also have five O’ level credit passes.
viii). EKSU accepts ND upper credit in any relevant program.
ix). ESUT does not require a credit pass in Agric. Science or Biology.
x). EBSU accepts:
a). ND or NCE with at least 2.5 CGPA Advanced level passes in Chemistry, Statistics or Mathematics or Physics.
b). HND with a CGPA of at least 2.5 can be admitted into 300 levels.
NOTE: In (A) and (B), candidates must also possess credit in GCE/SSCE/NECO O’ level in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics in just two sittings or less.
xi). FED-OYEEKITI accept A’ level pass in Biology or Physics.
xii). FUTA accepts ND (Upper Credit) in Science Technology, Food Science and Technology or Textile Technology plus “O” level requirements. Or two (2) ‘A’ Level passes which must include Chemistry and any other one (1) of Physics, Biology or Mathematics.
xiii). FUTA accepts ND (Upper Credit) or equivalent in Science Technology, Science Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology or Textile Technology. Also, candidates with GCE ‘A’ Level pass in at least two subjects which must include Chemistry and any one (1) of Mathematics, Biology, and Physics are eligible for admission.
xiv). OSUSTECH requires:
a). Two A’ level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Mathematics or Biology in that order of preference.
b). ND (Distinction) and Credit passes in relevant subjects.
xv). RENAISSANCE accepts ND (credit level) candidates from recognized institutions.
xvi). UNIPORT – No direct Entry.
xvii). UNILORIN accepts candidates with A’ level in Physics and Chemistry.
xviii). UNIBEN accepts the following below in addition to UTME requirements:
a). HND (lower credit), ND (Upper credit) in Polymer Chemistry or Science Laboratory Technology in relevant subjects.
b). NCE (Overall merit) with credit passes in Chemistry and either Mathematics or Physics.
xix). UNILORIN does not accept HND/ND but accepts NCE & IJMB ‘A’ level.
xx). UNIOSUN accepts the following:
a). ‘A’ level passes in Geography, Biology, and Physics in place of Mathematics.
b). ND with a minimum of Lower Credit and approved equivalents.
xxi). UNILORIN requires ‘A’ level passes in Physics and Chemistry. It does not accept Biology.
xxii). UI does not accept ND/NCE.
xxiii). UMYUK accepts candidates with an ND certificate with Chemistry playing the major role or its equivalent with a minimum of lower credit which must be from a recognized institution. NCE Candidates must have Chemistry as major with any of Biology, Physics, Mathematics or other relevant subject or other certificates from a recognized institution with a minimum of 9 points. They require A level passes in Chemistry and any two (2) from Biology, Physics or Mathematics with a minimum score of 9 points.
xxiv). WESLEY UNI accepts:
a). Two “A” level passes in Chemistry and any other one (1) of Physics, Biology or Mathematics in that order.
b). Upper Credit passes in ND in addition to 5 Credits at GCE O’L /SSCE/ WASC (or its equivalent).
xxv). WESTERN-DEL accepts the following:
a). At least two (2) passes at the GCE ‘A’ Level in Chemistry and either Mathematics or Physics.
b). HND/ND with a minimum of a lower credit pass in relevant Science Laboratory Technology (SLT), or Polymer Chemistry in the various relevant subject area which must be from a recognized Polytechnic.
c). NCE with a minimum of a credit pass in Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics and it must be from a recognized College of Education. Candidates are expected to have an overall merit pass.
*. How to Know Your JAMB Exam Centre & Date.
*. How to Create JAMB Profile for Registration.
*. Latest JAMB Full Syllabus.
*. Steps To Print Your JAMB Result.
*. Steps To Upload Your WAEC Result On JAMB Portal.
Universities In Nigeria Offering Industrial Chemistry
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE).
- AAUA (ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE).
- ABUAD (AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE).
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE.
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE.
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE.
- AL-HIKMAH (AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE).
- ANCHOR-UNI (ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE).
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE.
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE.
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE).
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE.
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE.
- BSU (BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE).
- CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE.
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE.
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE.
- CHRISLAND UNIVERSITY, OWODE, OGUN STATE.
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE.
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE).
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE).
- EDWIN CLARK (EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY, KIAGBODO, DELTA STATE).
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE).
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE).
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE.
- FED-DUTSINMA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE).
- FED-KEBBI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE).
- FED-LAFIA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE).
- FED-OYE EKITI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE).
- FED-WUKARI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE).
- FUPRE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE).
- FUTA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE).
- GOUU (GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE).
- HALLMARK UNIVERSITY, IJEBU-ITELE, OGUN STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE.
- JABU (JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE).
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE.
- KASU (KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE).
- KOLADAISI UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE.
- KSU (KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE).
- KWASU (KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE).
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE.
- LANDMARK (LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE).
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE.
- MAUTY (MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE).
- MC-IBRU (MICHAEL AND CECILIA IBRU UNIVERSITY, OWHRODE, DELTA STATE).
- MKAR (UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO, BENUE STATE).
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, Abuja.
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE).
- OBONG UNIVERSITY, OBONG, NTAK, AKWA IBOM STATE.
- ODUDUWA UNIVERSITY, IPETUMODU, OSUN STATE.
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE).
- OSUSTECH (ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE).
- PC-UNI (PRECIOUS CORNERSTONE UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE).
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE.
- RENAISSANCE UNIVERSITY, OJIAGU-AGBANI, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE.
- SAU (SAMUEL ADEGBOYEGA UNIVERSITY, OGWA, EDO STATE).
- SKYLINE UNIVERSITY NIGERIA, KANO, KANO STATE.
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE.
- TECH-IBADAN (TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE).
- UMYUK (UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE).
- UNIHEZ (HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE).
- UNIOSUN (OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE).
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT.
- WELLSPRING UNIVERSITY, IRHIHI-OGBANEKI, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE.
- WESLEYUNI (WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE).
- WESTERN-DEL (WESTERN DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA, DELTA STATE).
COVENANT offer the course with options in;
i). Materials/Polymer Chemistry.
ii). Environmental/Analytical Chemistry.