JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine and Surgery will be the major focus of this article though we will also treat other relevant subjects such as ‘O Level subjects Medicine and Surgery. We will also list out all the Nigerian Universities offering students admission to study Medicine and Surgery.
Before going into the topic in proper, we will like to inform all the candidates that this Medicine and Surgery is a course reserved only for science students. This means if you an art student, you can’t study this course as you will not be able to meet up with the science subject requirements which will be outlined below.
‘O Level Requirement to Study Medicine and Surgery
Before writing the UTME examination you must have written your SSCE (which comprises of WAEC, NECO, GCE, etc). To qualify to study medicine and surgery in any University in Nigeria, you must first be able to pass five (5) subjects in your SSCE. The required subjects are;
3). Use in English Language.
Requirement for Medicine And Surgery [Direct Entry]
(i) A Level passes in Biology/Zoology, Chemistry, and Physics plus UTME requirements. (ii) BSC, BOS, etc in a relevant programme.
JUST IN!!! School Resumption Date In Nigeria.
JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine and Surgery
The JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine and Surgery is;
NOTE: Though the Cut-off mark varies from Institution to Institution and while other University might be accepting 180 as their cut-off mark, others may set theirs at 200. So, ensure you aim for 200 and above to stand a better chance of being admitted into the following Nigerian Universities listed below.
Nigerian Universities Offering Medicine and Surgery
- ABSU (Abia State University)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- DELSU (Delta State University, Abraka)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- ESUT (Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu)
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu
- IMSU(Imo State University, Owerri)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- LAUTECH (Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso)
- LASU (Lagos State University, Ojo)
- Madonna University, Okija
- NDU (Niger Delta University Yenagoa)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- UNIZIK (Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife)
- OSUMS (Ondo State University of Medical Sciences)
- UNIOSUN (Osun State University Osogbo)
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- UNIBEN (University of Benin)
- UNICAL (University of Calabar)
- UI (University of Ibadan)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- UNILORIN (University of Ilorin)
- UNIJOS (University of Jos)
- UNILAG (University of Lagos)
- UNIMAID (University of Maiduguri)
- UNN (University of Nigeria, Nsukka)
- UNIPORT (University of Port-Harcourt)
- UNIUYO (University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom)
- UDUSOK (Usmanu Danfodiyo University)
Places You can work with a Degree in Medicine and Surgery
If you have nice grades in Medicine and Surgery programme, then you can work in the following sectors in Nigeria;
*. Hospitals (private practice, teaching)
*. As a researcher in Universities or research institutions and even in administrations.
*. Postgraduate training anywhere in the world.