Firstly, you must be a science student before you can continue to read our Waec & Jamb Subject Combination to Study Food Science and Technology. Food Science and Technology is fast becoming well-known among Nigerian students across the nation.
We are here to show you all the prerequisites needed for a seamless application for an admission into any higher institution in Nigeria. Contained in this page is the list of Nigerian Universities where you can study Food Science and Technology alongside the Direct Entry requirements, special consideration (waiver) and many more.
WAEC Subject Combination for Food Science and Technology
There are five (5) O’Level compulsory subjects that are required to study Food Science and Technology – Under Engineering. The 5 subjects are all applicable to WAEC, GCE, and NECO and you must ensure you have credit passes in all five subjects. Below is the WAEC subject combination for Food Science and Technology:
- Use of English Language
- Any other Science subject.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
- LAUTECH accepts Agric. Science in lieu of Biology
JAMB Subject Combination for Food Science and Technology
JAMB cut-off mark for Food Science and Technology is 180, though it’s important you score up to 200 and above to stand a better chance. If you score below 180 then you will no option but to start considering other institutions like Polytechnics and College of Education. Below are the three (3) compulsory JAMB Subject Combination for Food Science and Technology:
- LAUTECH requires Physics
NOTE: You can get admission through other means like IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. This means that JAMB doesn’t happen to be the only option for admission.
Direct Entry requirement to study Food Science and Technology
a). ND/HND (upper credit) in relevant fields.
b). ‘A’ level passes in two of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
*. LAUTECH accepts ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and ND/HND upper credit in relevant programmes into 200 level. They may likely accept ‘A’ level Biology in lieu of Physics.
Nigerian Universities offering Food Science and Technology
- ABSU (ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE)
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATEBELLS
- UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE)
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE)
- FED-OYE EKITI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- FED-WUKARI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE)
- FUNAAB (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE)
- FUTA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE)
- FUTO (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- JABU (JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN)
- KWASU (KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE)
- KSU (KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE)
- KUST (KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- MAUTY (MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE)
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE
- RSUST (RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, R/STATE)
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE)
- TECH-IBADAN (TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE)
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- UMUDIKE (MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE)
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO, BENUE STATE
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE)
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE