The University of Manitoba is offering Scholarships (Bursary) for undergraduates this 2021. The University which happens to be the largest university and consistently ranking high among other top Canadian Universities is offering scholarships to international students.
They offer several degree programs and also have 27 academic departments throughout the Bannatyne campus. The 2021-2022 International Undergraduate Student Bursary is funded by the University of Manitoba. See more details about the Bursary and how to apply for it.
About University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba is a non-denominational, public research university located in the heart of Canada, the Manitoba province. The institution has an engaged and strong community of staff, students, faculty, donors, community partners, and alumni.
The University of Manitoba has over 145,000 alumni residing in more than 140 countries. This is to tell you that their impact is global.
University of Manitoba Undergraduate Scholarship Rundown
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organization: University of Manitoba
- Country to Study: Canada
- Gender: Men and Women
- Course to Study: Not specified
- School to Study: University of Manitoba
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
Benefits & Aim of University of Manitoba Undergraduate Scholarships
- Students qualified for the Bursary will be given up to $240,000 available annually.
- The award will be split among eligible candidates just according to their needs.
The bursary funds will be disbursed in early December of each year and will be applied to Winter Term Fees.
Should in case the Fall and Winter Term fees have already been paid in full, you could possibly request a refund by simply contacting the Financial Aid and Awards via 204-474-9531 or their email address [firstname.lastname@example.org] following the Winter Term course revision deadline.
University of Manitoba Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification Requirements
Applicants must complete the following to be eligible to apply for the University of Manitoba scholarship (bursary):
- The offer is open to all nationalities.
- Acceptable Subjects or Course: Undergraduate course in many subject areas.
- Must register and complete nothing less than 60 percent of a full course load per term.
- Admissible Criteria: In order to be eligible, all applicants must need to meet the following criteria:
- Must have the minimum G.P.A. requirements. Continuing students need to have a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0. Fresh students (from high school) must have at least a grade 12 average of 70% or even higher.
- International students in their 1st (first) year of post-secondary study in Canada will not be eligible to apply.
Documents Needed for Application
The General bursary applications for Fall and Winter Terms are going to be available in early August right here =>> The Aurora Student Portal.
The application and its supporting documentation must be submitted to the Financial Aid and Awards office before 1st October. Below are the following eligibility criteria that applicants must meet:
- All undergraduate students applying must both register and complete not less than 60 percent of a full course load over the regular academic session with registration in both the Fall and Winter terms. Part-time students registered in both Fall and Winter Terms also have a few bursaries offered to them.
- Graduated students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums just provided they are registered as full-time students over the Fall and Winter Terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Students Continuing the University of Manitoba must meet a GPA requirement of a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. Meanwhile, fresh students from high school who wants to apply must have a grade 12 average of 70 percent or even higher.
- International students who are in their 1st (first) year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply for the general bursary program.
- Financial needs must be clearly documented on the application. Students who have applied for government student loans/aids from other provinces should include a copy of a current “official” government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need. It’s important that you note that Manitoba Student Aid recipients don’t need to submit a copy of their Notice of Assessment.
Deadline for Application
October 1, 2021
How to Apply for the University of Manitoba Scholarships (Bursary)
Qualified and interested applicants should visit the University of Manitoba on aurora.umanitoba.ca to apply.
The Summer/Spring General Bursary application is presently available in the Aurora Student Portal. This application must be submitted before the deadline. Below are the following eligibility criteria that applicants must meet:
- Students applying for the Spring/Summer general bursary program must make sure they are registered in a minimum of 6 credit hours between May 1 and August 31.
- Citizens of Canada and permanent residents or protected persons must be receiving government student aid (Usually referred to as “student loans”) via their provincial student aid agency for the Spring/Summer Term in order to be eligible to apply for the University of Manitoba Spring/Summer scholarship (bursary) program. (Please note, applying to the CESB (Canada Emergency Student Benefit) COVID-19 emergency benefit is different from receiving government student aid for purposes of the University of Manitoba Spring/Summer bursary program).
- Manitoba student aid recipients are not required to submit a copy of their assessment because the University of Manitoba will receive this information directly from Manitoba Student Aid.
- Eligible applicants that are not from the Manitoba province must email a complete copy of their final government aid notice of assessment for the summer/spring term to the Financial Aid and Awards office by the bursary application deadline. If this is not submitted, then their bursary application will be marked as ineligible for funding.
- International students can apply for the spring/summer bursary program provided they have resided in Canada for at least one year (12 months) before May 1 of the current year.
Check This Out =>> How To Successfully Apply For Scholarships And Get Taken.
Do You Wish to Study Abroad? See the List Of Ongoing International Scholarships Here.