Do you want to know the proper O’Level & JAMB subject combination for Common Law? You will find that and many more on this page.
This page contains the UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements for Common Law, a list of Universities where you can study the course, special consideration (Waiver), places you can work with a degree in Common Law and lots more.
If you an aspiring student who wants to study Common Law in any of the Nigerian Universities listed below, then you must ensure that you pay adequate attention to this page so you can get all the prerequisites that will help you apply for admission to study the course in any University in Nigeria offering the course.
O’Level Requirements for Common Law
You are required to possess at least five (5) SSC credit passes which must include Literature in English, English Language and any three (3) Social Science/Arts subjects.
JAMB Subject Combination for Common Law
There are three (3) compulsory subjects for common law which must include Literature in English and any 2 Arts/or Social Science subjects.
- UNILORIN requires Literature in English in addition to any two (2) subjects.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Common Law
If you don’t want to gain admission into any of the Universities listed below using UTME, then you must ensure that you meet the Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Common Law:
- Two (2) A-Level passes in IJMB/GCE in Arts or Social Science subjects.
- First degree (Second Class Lower) of an accredited University.
UNILORIN accepts passes in the following:
- LL.B UNIVERSITY OF LONDON.
- Two years Diploma at upper credit in Law from an accredited Government Institution.
- A’ level pass in Literature in English might likely be considered in lieu of UTME admission requirements in Literature in English.
- There is no need for Degree holders tot possess Literature in English.
- Where a Diploma is of four grades: Pass Credit, Credit, Distinction, Merit grade is accepted for Direct Admission.
Universities in Nigeria to Study Common Law
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE.
- KWASU (KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE).
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities Common Law
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Data analyst
- Costs lawyer
- Data scientist
- Advice worker
- Patent attorney
- Barrister’s clerk
- External auditor
- Solicitor, Scotland
- Company secretary
- Border Force officer
- Political risk analyst
- Licensed conveyancer
- Chartered accountant
- Human resources officer
- Trading standards officer
- Civil Service administrator
- Forensic computer analyst
- Chartered legal executive (England and Wales)